Sunday, August 7, 2011

Windows Media Streaming?

I am looking into alternative solutions for streaming media (music and movies) though out my home network and possibly even over the internet. My current setup currently consists of a windows 7 system with a large HDD dedicated for media, sharing the files across the network, allowing me to set the default libraries on my other computers to the network location and stream that way, and a FTP server allowing me to download files outside of my home network. for playback anywhere else. I am curious about the capabilities and advantages of using a dedicated media server to stream content throughout my home and potentially the internet. I have done some google searching on windows media server that is included in the windows server OS but have found little information. What would this solution offer me that I don't already have (reliability, features, speed) and if I would benefit from this would I need extensive configurations on client/remote machines?

No comments:

Post a Comment