Monday, August 8, 2011

How to properly reset verizon fios router?

I was having a party at my house and a friend tripped over an ethernet cable connecting my brother's xbox 360 to my verizon fios router. When she tripped, it knocked the router off of my desk. I put it back on the desk and my desktop computer (which has a wired connection to the router) operates fine, but the wireless signal in my house has decreased to the point where some rooms in my house are not getting coverage when they previously did. Also, the speeds have decreased on those devices. I did a speed test to a server nearby in Philadelphia and the wired gets 26 down and 5 up and the other devices on wireless get like 15down 4up. It's not like the speed is really slow but I have noticed the difference. A friend told me that I should reset the router. Is this the right thing to do to attempt to improve the signal? I'm really not tech savvy so I'm not sure how to handle this situation. Also will a reset require me to re-enter the wep key into all of my devices? Will the wep key change if it's reset? Thanks in advance for all of your help!

No comments:

Post a Comment