Tuesday, August 2, 2011

What are some tips towards feeling happy again during long term unemployment?

I know the feeling! Honestly the only thing that helped my unemployment depression was finding a job. I get paid just above minimum wage but just getting that pay check every two weeks is wonderful. I love the feeling I get when all the bills are paid and there is a little extra left over! I say keep applying, and don't be afraid to work at a store, restaurant, etc. I wouldn't do fast food but those are just my standards. I actually really like my job (work at Walmart) so you can enjoy a lower end job. Then you might want to think about going back to school. There are thousands of careers, you can be happy and still make money! Consider the short-term first, an example is nursing which takes one year (LPN) and pays up to $20 per hour to start depending on where you live. Also I would recommend not listing your education. Half the time employers won't research that sort of thing. It might hurt your chances. I told Walmart I'd been to college and they didn't even want details, to get hired you just have to be liked. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment